Quantcast

H or J route

Franklin32
I am a 43J now..after count I will be a 41J or a 44H.....How do I determined which one to go with......I know the H route will pay more but I can't find where to get the info on this...Any help will be appreciated...
Jim

Re: H or J route

Jim
Click on regular rural carrier salary on left side of page

Re: H or J route

Mailchick
It is pretty straightforward, the J pays 41 hours and has every other Saturday off, and the H pays 44 hours and is worked six days a week, this is assuming we continue to deliver mail six days a week.  It is your personal choice as to whether it would be more beneficial to have the money or the alternating weekends off.

Re: H or J route

ModestOwl
You only have a choice for the high option (H in this case) if you have been witht he postal service long enough to receive 20 vacation days a year.

If you have been a regular carrier for 3 years and you earn 20 days of annual leave per year, you are eligible to choose the high option provided your route falls in the category for an option. When the route falls into two possible classifications, the carrier may choose the classification with the higher-hour evaluation, provided the carrier meets certain criteria. (The higher-hour category means more work hours per pay period, higher pay, fewer relief days)

http://www.ruralinfo.net/afterthecount.html

Re: H or J route

Franklin32
Thanks.....Been a Reg. for 4 years...

Re: H or J route

thelatchkeykid
Take the high option! You will get used to the extra days.
You're an idiot savant without the savant part.

Re: H or J route

juicestain100
Yeah all depends on how much you think your saturdays are worth. Personally, I would cherish my saturdays. But I'm just an RCA, I don't know squat lol

Re: H or J route

cowtime
Go HIGH- you'll get use to the six days- not that it's fun- but when you do the math and see the difference in pay that day makes I think you'll know why I say go high. I'm ancient and I do it, you can too.

Re: H or J route

wet of nowhere
A few things to consider deciding between H and J. You might want to go for the money now as it helps your high three for retirement. As a H you can LWOP some Saturdays if you want a few longer weekends. The flip side would be how your sub would react to less work days. If subs are hard to get in your area you might want to visit with your sub to see if less work would mean your sub may quit or transfer from your route.

Re: H or J route

Franklin32
We have enough subs plus my sub has gotten her another part-time job.....Leaning toward H...........Thanks to all....
MMM

Re: H or J route

MMM
Just another thing to keep in mind. You can take the high H option now and later in the year request the low J option. You can switch to the lower option anytime, but you can't start with the J and switch to an H unless it's right before the new accounting year.