Quantcast

LLV breakdown

vickmail
sub called me Sat. LLV stopped on her leaving the post office.  She delivered in POV on Sat.  she wasn't happy and I'm sure it won't be fixed in time on Tuesday for me to deliver. We are a small office an hour away from the vehicle maintenance center. What should I look forward to on Tuesday?  Any advice?????

Re: LLV breakdown

vickmail
and I forgot NO extra LLV in our town

Re: LLV breakdown

Wave
When that happens in our office I refuse to drive my own vehicle.  They are required to provide a vehicle if the route is assigned an LLV.
“Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink.” -Charles Bukowski

Re: LLV breakdown

ctrr03
What happens in our office, when an LLV is down,  they take one away from the subs.    Don't matter if the vehicle is assigned to that route or not.      One of the subs lose the vehicle and cases the mail.    They take the 1st LLV that comes back.    Mine was the first to break after they took the spares away from the office.   Now it seems that someone's is breaking down on a daily basis.    Mine is out for maintenance.  LOL    Now, I have no idea why, as they just returned it less than a week ago.   Think they could have done the maintenance while they had it.    Hopefully, this time it will come back in better shape than when they took it.   We do NOT supply a vehicle.    Give us an LLV or we go home and get paid for the day.    Regular carriers don't get paid for waiting, so regs get the vehicles.

Re: LLV breakdown

vickmail
3 LLV office  1 city route 2 rural routes  no where to pull one from.
Would they call VMC  to bring another one from 60 miles away??

Re: LLV breakdown

dyareckon
Don't you guys get 'O' time or something for waiting  because of breakdowns and replacement vehicles?
  Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Re: LLV breakdown

vickmail
new to me,started driving LLV about a year ago.

Re: LLV breakdown

Wave
Yeah, they get "O" time.

Make management figure out how to do their job.  We end up having to go get them from other towns that are hours away.  They should call the RCA's in to do this.
“Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink.” -Charles Bukowski

Re: LLV breakdown

Hudson Valley Rural
 The LLV situation is getting way out of control. The vehicles we have in this office, perhaps 40 vehicles total, a mixture of LLVs and windstars, are consistently breaking down. It is the norm to have at least 3 breakdowns a day with no spare vehicles. A friend of mine on another Rural route, in this office, broke down 3 days in a row last week. Friday I was delivering my route and arrived at my Trailer Park dismount only to discover that I couldn't exit the truck. Although unlocked the drivers door wouldn't open, the door or lock was broken and I had to exit by climbing over the mail and using the back door to get out. I called my supervisor, got the postmaster instead because the other two supervisors were out of the office trying to deal with two earlier breakdowns. I hadn't called to seek help, only called to vent my frustration with the situation.
 I asked the postmaster about delivery of accountables and parcels, since I couldn't exit the vehicle in a safe manner. He told me to blow the horn and if no one came out to notice everything.
  Now I'm not a jerk or a slacker so after venting with the PM, I finished my route, exiting the back door when required for accountables, and in some cases found I could reach the porch with a parcel with a mighty throw from the LLVs window. In some cases I left the parcel by the garage door, or on a walkway leading to the porch. When I returned to the office I informed my supervisor that if anyone called with a complaint about where their parcel was left, to inform them I'm sorry, but I COULDN"T GET OUT OF MY TRUCK!

Re: LLV breakdown

summertime
I'm a rural carrier in a small office. We will never receive LLV's for
our rural routes. We have long country roads. We have always
been told to have a back up vehicle. I was even told that as a sub.
Seems the USPS can't go by that rule with the LLV. They want us
to have a back up when we use our own vehicle, but they do not
have to keep a back up for the LLV's. Make sure you get
 maintenance/mileage pay if you use your own vehicle.

Re: LLV breakdown

Casca
summertime wrote
I'm a rural carrier in a small office. We will never receive LLV's for
our rural routes. We have long country roads.
I always thought the same thing, but we were assigned one for our AUX route last week.  32 mile route and only 6 of it is pavement.  The rest is dirt and gravel and some parts have to be served in a 4WD.