Quantcast

Mail Count 2014

Rockin
Has anyone in the FTW district heard if we are gonna have count or not???

Re: Mail Count 2014

Mind Warp
Today our PM read us an email they got "from above" saying PMs are not to agree to allow any carriers to opt out without prior approval from district... I guess this is standard procedure anyway, but it sounds to me like they are at least thinking about making everybody count, if they have not already made up their mind.

Re: Mail Count 2014

RuralMunky
Rockin wrote
Has anyone in the FTW district heard if we are gonna have count or not???
Do you mean "opt out" or not? Count starts Feb 22nd.

Re: Mail Count 2014

Rockin
Yes I mean opt out

Re: Mail Count 2014

cappiegal60
We were told to get the Edit Books up to date and turned in by this Friday..........I am guessing so upper management can make some kind of educated guess if it will be worthwhile to count.

Re: Mail Count 2014

btdtnret
cappiegal60 -- you're catching on!  At least it is something to do while waiting for the mail truck to arrive.

Re: Mail Count 2014

faceindawind
Supervisor showed me a memo today regarding count. It included the dates of the count, stated it's an opt in or out national count, also stated all Aux's will be counted. But the last sentence read...managers are not to sign the opt out form unless instructed by the POOM.

We should find out the week of 01/19/14.

Re: Mail Count 2014

MiddleOfNowhere

   I talked to my pm today to find out if district had said anything on opting out - was told that there going over numbers on every route, so it may be possible for some to avoid the headaches.  decision need to be made 30 days prior to start date.
 there is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action

Re: Mail Count 2014

Tooltime
Count right after a big postage increase If the NRLCA had any sense they would say no counts 90 days after a postal increase the bloodbath will continue. PO is allowed EVERYTIME to manipulate count in there favor. FED EX and UPS will disappear as they do every count.

Re: Mail Count 2014

btdtnret
Tell your supervisor that it is an OPT-OUT National Count.  If he does not believe it, ask him to look at the 02 January 2014 USPS letter.  Subject -- 2014 National Rural Route Mail Count ( Option Out Election ).  Even the official form says OPTION OUT ELECTION FORM.  Opt-In - really??  The letter contains a speech for a Stand-Up.  BTW, the form must be completed and a copy returned to the carrier no later than Close of Business February 07, 2014.

Re: Mail Count 2014

Mind Warp
Tooltime wrote:

"...FED EX and UPS will disappear as they do every count..."

Yep, their packages will disappear from the PO... but their trucks will be seen in abundance out delivering on our routes... until after the count when they will start dumping them at the PO again... what a scam...

Re: Mail Count 2014

Surprise!

btdtnret Said:

"Tell your supervisor that it is an OPT-OUT National Count.  If he does not believe it, ask him to look at the 02 January 2014 USPS letter.  Subject -- 2014 National Rural Route Mail Count ( Option Out Election )."

Where may we download a copy of this letter?

Re: Mail Count 2014

btdtnret
Surprise!  That easy - just go to the "Mail Count" tab at ruralinfo.net.   Other things available for the 2014 Mail count include:

2014 Mail Count Guide ( 41 pages ) better print it out as the Mail Count Guide may not be available at Pre-Count meetings.
2014 Mail Count Supporting Documents ( 165 pages ) down load it for quick reference
Opt Out Form and Instructions ( 4 pages ) including the form and the Stand-Up speech
Important Dates ( 3 pages )
Count Knowledge down loads ( various misc info )

If you or some one in your office has a tablet, down load the above info for quick reference during Count.

Remember a couple of things regarding Count:

The better prepared you are, the least likely you will need it. And,

The Odds Are Never In Your Favor or ( TOANIFY ).

Good luck.

Re: Mail Count 2014

Justadumbass
Our PM read us a email too, said we MAY have to count because 2 of our routes rebuilt from DPS LAST COUNT FEBRUARY? My question is...???? how come they didnt MAKE us count in september then? ahhhhh yeah that's right more mail comes thru the door then!ITS all B/S! IF IM MADE to count my ass is OUT this so called union! IM putting that $$$ I pay for nothing into something...a savings account! IM sick of these yearly take my dam money/ work the living shit out of me september thru December and screw me out of pay February! &^*(*&^%$!!