Quantcast

Regular Route Bid

Perry
What is the procedure for bidding a route vacancy? Does a regular who has the longest service time automatically win? Or, can a regular who only has a couple years win?

Re: Regular Route Bid

West of Nowhere
Seniority is the name of the game

Re: Regular Route Bid

Lou Paloma
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Regular Route Bid

Perry
What do you mean end up with route I don't want?

Re: Regular Route Bid

john
I am guessing you are a sub who has never bid an thus you want any route

If this is true and only one residual wil becaome available then a simple bid for all will do.  See if you simply click the bid for all routes then it will automatically assign your route preference. It is all online on the liteblue.usps.gov web site.  If there are multiple residuals or you already have a route you need to assign a preference # to the routes you wish to bid on.

Re: Regular Route Bid

Lou Paloma
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Regular Route Bid

West of Nowhere
Are you a regular or a RCA?  Do you only want a specific route?

Small office or large office? Small enough to know who else wants route or too large to even hazard a guess? Even if someone else says they are bidding do not be afraid to bid as they may change their mind.

If a regular with 20 yrs and a regular with 3 yrs. both bid the route as their primary choice the 20 yrs wins. A regular with 1 yr and a RCA with 12 yrs both bid a route as their primary choice the 1 yr regular wins.

If in a large office and multiple routes are up then it is as John says.

Do not bid on a route you would not want. You do not get to change your mind after you are awarded a route.

Re: Regular Route Bid

RogerR
You do not get to change your mind after you are awarded a route.

Or more clearly, you do not get to change your mind after bidding closes.

Re: Regular Route Bid

Confushes
OK we have some confusion here.  I'm being told by other carriers that if you go to Postalease and bid on a route.  Your route AUTOMATICALLY goes up for bid too.  So if someone with lots of senority bids on ALL routes he could wind up with your route and you could get a lousy route if you didn't get the one you wanted.

Re: Regular Route Bid

Mailchick
Riiiight, so unless you hate your route.....don't bid, that is my plan.  I am not even going to bother, because I have seen my same route go through the route alphabet with crappy counts, the economy, and several route adjustments. I am going to let the chips fall, and keep my current route.  The only way I will leave this route is if they abolish it or I retire, whichever comes first.

Re: Regular Route Bid

RogerR
I'm being told by other carriers that if you go to Postalease and bid on a route.  Your route AUTOMATICALLY goes up for bid too.

You are being told wrong.  Your route can only go to somebody else IF you successfully bid another route.  All routes in the office are listed for bid, but only those routes vacated can be awarded.

There is no bumping.

Re: Regular Route Bid

Guest#2
Wrong!   Lets say you're a regular who would like to bid another route but you're not sure if that regular is going to bid anything. Okay so you bid their route and if they do bid off and if you are the senior bid then you get the route. Now if you were not the senior bid and you only bid that route then you don't go anywhere. When you bid you pick the routes that you would like to have in the order you would like them. If you really  only like one route then only bid that route, you can't lose your route unless you get one you bid on. This only applies to regulars.

Re: Regular Route Bid

Guest#2
Sorry!  I didn't mean Roger was wrong. The previous poster was. It looks like Roger and I both replied at the same time.

Re: Regular Route Bid

Jewel
How does this bidding work?  I'm being told to do it on the phone and not on the computer.  Is there a difference?  Will it help me if I do it on the phone?  Also I called that number and it was asking for a number of some sort.  Where do I get that number?

Re: Regular Route Bid

john
If you figured out how to log onto this site and post then you should be able to figure out the online bidding.  1 is for the first route you want 2 by the next.....

Either way you do it you should write down your list of preference with the route# and route reference # first.  It is easy to change or check your choices and even print them on postalease.