Quantcast

UPS Surepost

bayou reg
I ordered some stuff and last week some items were delivered by UPS.  One item in particular I had noticed was a surepost item.  I did not pay extra for an earlier delivery, but this being surepost then it was to be delivered by USPS and amazon.com even provided the tracking.  Well this item with the USPS tracking was delivered by UPS and I'm guessing it was because the other item was for them to deliver.  Just thought this was interesting and had read somewhere that UPS if they already have a delivery for an address then they'll go ahead and deliver.  What allows them to pick and choose?  I've actually had packages for customers that already had a ups package at the door.  I find this practice alarming because the amazon tracking shows the package delivered via USPS but the UPS label is used.  The customer is left thinking USPS delivered, so if the package is misdelivered or damaged I guess they'll be dickering with USPS.  This practice definitely would impact us carriers at mail count.
bayou reg

Re: UPS Surepost

justmein129
in our post office the ups guy told us that soon he would no longer deliver large parcels that the usps and ups made agreement for the ups to deliver the large boxes. has anyone else heard that? or if he only had a few he was to deliver them.
just me

Re: UPS Surepost

John Shaft
My guess is that we'll get plenty between now and Christmas... but come next February, UPS will be delivering them all (during our mailcount)...

Re: UPS Surepost

RogerR
because the amazon tracking shows the package delivered via USPS but the UPS label is used.

Does the USPS website show the USPS tracking number as delivered?

Re: UPS Surepost

4EVERRCA
I have noticed this very same thing.  Parcels left at customers door with our Delivery Confirmations on them.  I wrote the # down & asked the PM about it.  PM looked it up & it showed no record of it.  PM said "I'll look in to it."  The only reply I've gotten is, the UPS guy says  "If it has UPS computer label on it telling him to deliver it, he delivers it.
 Then I get a customer telling me to put the parcels by her front door.  Not on the edge of the porch in the rain.  I was confused at first because I didn't deliver any parcel to her house.  Then 2 days later same customer, in the rain, there was an Amazon package on the edge of the porch with the USPS dc on it.  I picked it up & carried it to the front door with the parcel I was delivering.  THANKS UPS!

Re: UPS Surepost

justadumbass
Yeah, it's ovious, come mailcount time you know where ALL our packages will be...done by them.(AKA) 75,000 yr UPS. Its a HAHA we did it again screwed you!!! OH yeah today I go to a house its a AMAZON pkgs there, hummm it wont delivered by me. so is your office having MISSED scans??? my next reply will be ...well of course they were missed because I wasnt delivering those, UPS?FEDX did with OUR confo's on them, go ask them! BIGGEST BULLSHIT SCAM I ever seen! I wish they would deliver their bullshit and we deliver OURS so the crap will be correct! and they want us to drum up the business so they can GIVE it to them! YEAH right! Next lets get our customers to run after the UPS truck like the Ice cream man yelling I want a book of stamps! PLEASE! I am sick of the smear job we get they all think we're stupid as hell! Can we get someone in the UNION to actually fight for us??? and stand up to this Bull we get year after year, and also, because Im under evaluation, dont mean crap, it's because I took IT ALL out MONDAY. No even flow at all! why do we have to put time down IF we're evaluation? It shouldnt matter, but they look at that like buzzards waiting for a dead rabbit!

Re: UPS Surepost

YeeHa
justadumbass wrote
 why do we have to put time down IF we're evaluation? It shouldnt matter, but they look at that like buzzards waiting for a dead rabbit!
You opened up a can of worms there. Postal math is one answer, figures don't lie, but liars figure. The times are used to their advantage to show how over paid we are and so under evaluated.